Please check here frequently for updates to our Mobile Learning schedule (virtual classes, workshops, and activities).
If interested or have questions, contact us to register. We will respond to your inquiry as efficiently as we can.
Mobile Learning Schedule:
Classes are open to all adult learners and interested community members.
- Virtual Tutor Training, three consecutive Mondays, August 10, 17, and 24 from 3-5 pm. All tutor training participants receive a free copy of Tutor 8, published by NewReaders Press, our Proliteracy affiliate, ongoing tutoring guidance from a team of supporters after training, and an instruction binder. After LVFSC provides training, tutors are paired with a compatible student.
LVFSC is currently focusing on training tutors for virtual tutoring using the Freeconferencecall video chat platform (at no cost to tutors and students), but tutors usually work with students in our literacy centers, libraries, or other public places.
All 5 members of our volunteer training team are certified educators by profession. We are grateful for all of their time and expertise! Training team members are Susan Randow, Maggie Davis, Michelle Guiluame, Sara Beech, and Barb Averill.
Our team leader, Susan Randow, is a retired educator of 40 years, with a BS in Special Education, and a Masters in Psychology of Reading. Her teaching experience includes elementary school, community college classes, and Master's level university classes. Susan's other specialties include time as a Special Ed. Dept. Chair., a Teacher Specialist, and a Professional Development Trainer for a school district. She has also presented at two national conferences.
- Virtual Fall Literacy Festival Week, October 3-October 10, 2020 in collaboration with Phillips Public Library and Franklin County Adult Education-a week's worth of fun literacy activities, readings, and classes made available on our Facebook platform. In the planning stages.
- Annual Meeting, October 29, 4-6 pm. , Potluck dinner, Recognitions. meeting. Public invited.
- Community Connect VOTER EDUCATION WORKSHOP, Tuesday, October 27 from 1 to 3pm in our online classroom! (A phone-in option is also available.)
Our Family literacy Event Schedule is currently on hold.
Our Events are free and open to the public.
May 13, 6-8 pm, Poetry Contest Awards Night, Farmington Public Library, 117 Academy St., Farmington
- May 16, 9-5, Giant Annual Literacy Festival, Farmington Elks Lodge, 120 School St. W. Farmington ( book sale, bake sale, hot lunch, family fun, music, petting farm, local authors).
- September 26, 9-2. Apple Pumpkin Literacy Festival, a book sale and literacy festival. Spruce Mountain Literacy Center, 9 Cedar St. Livermore Falls, Me.